10 September 2015

Suicide Prevention Day

So National Suicide Prevention Day kind of snuck up on me. As someone who deals with depression and has had suicidal thoughts in the past, I wanted to take a minute to share some things with you guys.

I'm a huge music person. I love music as much as I love writing and reading, which is to say, a lot. And on those days that the depression seems to be winning, I have some go-to songs that help me get into a better frame of mind. If you're like me and music is the balm that heals your soul, hopefully these will give you some new tunes to rock out to. And since I'm always on the lookout for new music, maybe you guys can share your power songs with me! (Also, I already know that these videos are going to look weird. I apologize in advance.)

This is my hardcore power song. It's one of those that, when I first heard it, I said, Holy crap, it's me. It's the first one on my playlist, and I crank it UP.


One of my favorite current bands. This song gets me pumped up and kind of excited for the future, even when it's scary.



This is one of my favorite bands and one of my favorite songs. This one gets my blood pumping and helps me feel better about the future.


A new-to-me band. It's a cautiously optimistic song about letting go of the past to head into the future.


Last one is one I use to remind myself that I don't need to compare myself to other people. No one wins when you do that.

No comments: