08 October 2014

Checking in

Hey, guys. The last few months have been an absolute whirlwind, which is why I've been a bit MIA on the blog, except for promo posts.

For those of you who don't know, I've been planning an online auction to benefit Stand Up 2 Cancer called Scream! For the Cure. The event goes all month, and is absolutely chocked full of amazing and generous authors, including some of my favorites, such as Tiffany Reisz, Pippa Jay, Laura Diamond, Shoshanna Evers, Sara Brookes, and so many more. I think including myself, there's around 40 or so authors participating in one way or another. Zee Monodee is donating her entire backlist, so there are PLENTY of books to be won. Details are at the official Scream! For the Cure blog. If you'd like to help promo the event or even guest post, please contact me at c (dot) peace (at) live (dot) com.

Also, I've been pretty busy on the writing front. I restarted Duality, only to have to push it aside for the auction. This morning, I signed a new contract with Decadent Publishing's new Beyond Fairytales line. I pulled a Peter Jackson with this one. A 3 paragraph Grimm fairytale with one line of dialogue has somehow grown into the four-book Disillusioned series. Yeah, I don't know, either. But I have to give a special shout-out to Landra Graf, beta extraordinaire, for not only beta reading Gemini, but also helping me organize the auction. I truly would be lost without her.


2 comments:

Landra said...

Love you lots Cate, and I'd equally lost without you. ;)

lexcade said...

*snuggles*